Friday 25 November 2016

SIX FOOTBALLERS WHO FACED SEXUAL ABUSE DURING THEIR YOUTH CAREER

Paul Stewart 











Six players have come out to say they were sexually abused during their youth careers.

PAUL STEWART :
Paul Stewart 52, who is a former Tottenham and England player on November 23rd claimed he was abused as a young player.

"One day, travelling in the car, he
started to touch me. It frightened me to death,
I did not know what to do. It progressed to
sexually abusing me. He said he would kill my
mother, my father, my two brothers if I
breathed a word about it. The mental scars led
me into other problems with drink and drugs.
The level of abuse got worse and worse. I was
always under threat, if I was not playing well,
he would threaten me with violence as well as
sexual abuse. He was a monster."


ANDY WOODWARD:
 Andy Woodward revealed to the Guardian that he was sexually abused between the ages of 11 and 15 at crewe.

 "It was his way of finding out
which players were the weaker ones or the
softer ones. It started within a few weeks.
Initially it was sexually touching but it rapidly
got worse and he raped me. I don't want to put
a number on how many times it happened, but
it was over a four-year period."

STEVE WALTERS:
Steve Walters, claimed in The Guardian that he was sexually abused sometime in the 1980s. Walters made his allegations accusing Barry Bennell, claiming the incident happens while at Crewe.

"I just had to pretend it never
happened and block it out. I knew it could
never come out and I was absolutely petrified
because I thought that if it did ever come out
that would be it for my career - finished. All
these years, I've had this secret inside me. It's
been unbearable but, just from reading the
article from Andy, it already feels like a massive burden off my shoulders. I have to do this, and I just hope it will help bring more people forward, too."



DAVID WHITE :
David White is one of the latest footballers to claim he was sexually abused by Barry Bennell who is accused of many sexual abuse crimes.

"While I believe throughout my
football career I have come to terms with what
had happened, I now realise the effects of
Bennell's actions were much more far-reaching than I knew then. I have come to terms with the fact Bennell's actions influenced almost every event and relationship in my life."

JASON DUNFORD
Jason Dunford also made his claims at Friday's edition of the Victoria Derbyshire programme. Dunford alleged that Convicted Pedophile Barry Bennell abused him sexually as a youth player.

CHRIS UNWORTH
Alongside Jason Dunford, Chris Unsworth also said he abused sexually as a youth player with all hands pointing at Barry Bennell.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below