Wednesday 23 November 2016

See England player who was abused by a club coach

 


  



Former England player David White claims in a book that he was sodomized by former Crewe coach Barry Bennell as a child player.

David White who played for Manchester City after his claims has become the fourth footballer tospeak publicly about being sexually abused as a child by a coach.

White follows ex-Crewe players Andy Woodwardand Steve Walters, and former Tottenham forward Paul Stewart. The 49-year-old claims former Crewe coachBarry Bennell, a convicted paedophile, abused him.

 In a statement, White said he was sexually abused by Bennell in the late 1970s and early 1980s, while playing for Whitehill FC junior team in Manchester.

"For a number of reasons, and for nearly two decades, I kept my ordeal secret from my family and friends.

 "While I believe throughout my football career I have come to terms with what had happened, I now realise the effects of Bennell's actions were much more far-reaching than I knew then.

Man 49,arrested for gay sex with young footballers

"Last year I made the decision to gather my thoughts, reflect on my experience, and tell my life story in my own words. I did not set out to write a story about the abuse, but knew I would have to include it.


"In doing so I have come to terms with the fact that Bennell's actions influenced almost every event and relationship in my life."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below