Monday 21 November 2016

Onouha ready to play for Nigeria


















Nedum Unouha has finally accept to play for Nigeria. The QPR defender said he is waiting for a call-up from the Nigerian National team.

Onouha 29, turned down a chance to represent Nigeria back in 2010, said he will jump at every opportunity to play for Nigeria even though chances of him representing Nigeria now look slim, he is open to the idea.

"There was a time in the past where I did have
the opportunity with Nigeria, but it was really
only on one occasion,” he said.

“Since then I’ve had a few false dawns with
people saying they can sort this out and that
out, but it has not happened and I’ve enjoyed
the club side of football.

“It is not that important to me to be honest. If
I was to receive a call-up then that would be
great and there would be a decision to make,
but I’ve not received one.”

Even he not playing for his Father land, Onuoha continues to share a kindred spirit with his birth nation and remains a supporter of the Super Eagles.
He was as glued to the TV as time allowed to
watch Nigeria battle their way to bronze at the
Olympics after losing to Germany in the semi-
finals.

“I’m happy to be a fan for now,” he added and
I kept an eye on the boys at the Olympics
where they always seem to do well.

“For anyone like me who was born there you
hold the success of your nation close to your
heart and like to see them doing well.
Unfortunately, the gold medal was not to be.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below