Friday 25 November 2016

Gerrard was some 'Evil 'at Liverpool - El Hadji Diouf









“For me, he was a player like everyone else. He had to keep up well, and play as he knew how to do, but don’t go to the coach to report what happens in the dressing room.”

Former Blackburn striker El Hadji Diouf has lashed out at Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard. Diouf said he told Gerrard in the face he is nothing.

Steven Gerrard announced his retirement on Thursday and Diouf, a retired Senegalese forward who is also a former Liverpool player claimed Gerrard was responsible for some bad happenings in the Liverpool team during his time at the club.

The Senegalese made the statement also accusing the Liverpool legend of  been responsible for Mario Balotelli's woes at Liverpool.

Speaking to SFR sports,  Diouf said:

 “When I arrived, I showed him that he was nothing.

“I asked him, ‘What great competition have you Played and where do people remember you?’ It wasn’t [Zinedine] Zidane.

“The player, I respect him. He’s a great player.
But the man and the person not. I let him
know.

“For me, he was a player like everyone else. He
had to keep up well, and play as he knew how
to do, but don’t go to the coach to report what
happens in the dressing room.”

“He knows that I don’t mince words.
“He did not look in my eyes because he was
afraid. And he was afraid to speak to me.

“And when I arrived at Liverpool, it was he who asked me for my jersey, not the opposite.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below