Friday 25 November 2016

I'VE GOT NO RESPECT FOR HIM - RIISE REACTS TO DIOUF'S GERRARD CLAIMS









Former Liverpool defender John Arne Riise has reacted to claims by former Liverpool team mate El Hadji Diouf, that Steven Gerrard was afraid of looking into the Senegalese face when he told the Liverpool legend he  was nothing.

Diouf claimed Steven Gerrard was not as good as people think, and he told the former England international in the face that he was nothing and in reaction, Gerrard who announced his retirement on Thursday was afraid to talk to him.


I told Gerrard he is nothing - El Hadji Diouf

Diouf told SFR Sport.: "When I arrived, I
showed him that he was nothing. I asked
him, 'What great competition have you
played and where do people remember
you?' It wasn't [Zinedine] Zidane.

"The player, I respect him. He's a great
player. But the man and the person not. I
let him know.

"For me, he was a player like everyone
else. He had to keep up well, and play as he
knew how to do, but don't go to the coach
to report what happens in the dressing
room."

"He did not look in my eyes because
he was afraid. And he was afraid to speak to
me.

"And when I arrived at Liverpool, it was he
who asked me for my jersey, not the
opposite."

However, Riise has taken laughed off Diouf's claims onctwitter alling it a 50/50 tackle.


Riise said: "Diouf talking again Zzzzz.. Like
Gerrard was afraid of looking into his eyes
and talking to him - Yeah good one dude.
50/50 tackle please.

"I wasn't Diouf's number one fan,' the
Liverpool captain wrote in his book. His
attitude was all wrong. I felt he wasn't really
a***d about putting his body on the line to
get Liverpool back at the top."

"A few people have since asked me if I saw
any comparison between Diouf and Mario
Balotelli - and I've always said no. I've got
respect for Balotelli; I've got none for Diouf,"
Gerrard later added in an interview."

"There is nobody more egotistical than him.
"He does not care about others," Diouf once
told the press. "I spoke to the major figures
at Liverpool and nobody can stand him. And
I am not talking about Carragher."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below