Thursday 17 November 2016

I don't care about trophies, i will retire - Philipp Lahm




















Bayern Munich defender Philipp Lahm has revealed he may retire at the end of the season. With just 18 months left on his current contract with the Bundes liga top club, Lahm admitted he may not honor what remains of his current deal.


"I wouldn't rule anything out," Lahm told Sport Bild magazine. "I said nine months ago already that this situation could arise and nothing has changed in how I see this."

Lahm, who turns 33 on Friday, previously stated
that he could hang up his boots in 2017, if not a
year later in 2018.

"I want to be able to measure myself at the very highest level and be able to recognise myself when the right time is to end my career," added Lahm.

"I certainly won't be determining my future only based on the number of titles we have won at
the end of the season, but I will listen to my
body and then decide how things go on."

Philipp Lahm has won seven Bundesliga titles, six DFB- Pokals and has one Champions League title in
addition to the World Cup he won with his
country in Brazil in 2014.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below