Wednesday 2 November 2016

Alex Iwobi - Arsenal has big fan base in Nigeria

Arsenal forward Alex Iwobi revealed how amazed he is to know Arsenal has a lot of supporters in Nigeria. The player said
supporters shout  "Arsenal" more than they do to his own name in international matches across Africa.






“When I got to come on against Egypt, I saw
the love they have for the game,” Iwobi told
ESPN Brasil. They just shouted ‘Arsenal’.
 Arsene Wenger's young
guns
“Even though they knew my name, they just
shouted Arsenal when I was coming on to
the pitch, it was actually funny.
“It’s amazing the support they have for the
club. They’re all very passionate for football
and their favourite league is definitely the
Premier League.”


The player who was the subject of a last-minute
tussle between the Football Association and
the Nigerian FA over his senior international
future and status spoke about his uncle Jay Jay Okocha with high regards.

“He was a big figure in Africa, as well in
Nigeria,” Iwobi added. “He’s always been
my idol.
“He doesn’t only help me on the pitch, he
also helps me off the pitch, which is a key
thing for me.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below