Thursday 10 November 2016

Edin Dzeko names Shevchenko as his role model














Roma striker Edin Dzeko names Milan legend Andriy Shevchenko as his idol, and David Silva as the best player he’s played with.

The Bosnian is joint top-scorer in Serie A this season, and discussed his career with the Giallorossi’s official website.

Readmore:  Malaysia is the new match-fixing hub in Southeast Asia - Analyst Chris Eaton 

“My idol? When I was growing up it was Andriy Shevchenko,” Dzeko recalled.

“I used to watch a lot of Serie A games because it was the best league at that time, and for me he was the best striker around.

“I remember his games for Milan, of course, but I also remember him for Dynamo Kiev – I remember the hat-trick he scored against Barcelona at the Nou Camp.

“That was probably the first time I saw him; I can’t remember exactly because it was a long time ago. But for me he was the No. 1 player.”

Dzeko was then asked for the toughest player he’s faced, and his best teammate.
“Hardest opponent? It is difficult to say. I have played against so many good defenders, sometimes it was much harder to play against smaller teams, against defenders who are not so popular like the other defenders.

“So I don’t know about the strongest. If I had to think about one I would perhaps say [Real Madrid’s] Sergio Ramos.

Read more: Stefano Pioli set to be confirmed as Inter coach

“I’ve played against him so many times for Manchester City, Roma and the national team. He is definitely up there with the best defenders I’ve faced.
“Best teammate? Another difficult one! I have played with so many good players but probably the best I’ve played with is David Silva.

“I used to call him ‘little magician’ because this guy was brilliant with his feet, he could take any ball you gave him, control it, and pass it on.

“All of us were always amazed by his ability and technique. He is definitely the best I’ve played with.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We value your comments. Please post below